Narrative Medicine for Your Wellbeing (online course)
A free course to help you slow down, focus and reflect (1 hour+)
Feeling frazzled? This free online course gives you a taste of the ways in which arts can be used to improve your wellbeing as a healthcare worker.
In this course, we will cover:
- Background reading on resilience and wellbeing in medicine
- A reflective exercise tailored to your personal needs
- Reading and guided analysis of a piece of literature
- A mindful writing exercise
- Downloadable worksheets for your answers
- Optional reading: sources of support for physicians
On completion, you will receive a certificate for 1 hour of CPD-accredited learning.
Lucy is a General Practitioner and narrative medicine tutor.
She holds an MA in creative writing and was awarded Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy for her work at Manchester University.